SBEF Making Our Schools Better Campaign
Making Our Schools Better is what Spring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF) does. SBEF provides a vehicle for private funding to enhance education for our 35,000 students. All donations to SBEF – 100 percent! – remain in SBISD to fund programs that support our teachers and prepare our students for the future.
BY MAKING A DONATION, YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO STUDENT SUCCESS IN OUR DISTRICT – ONE STUDENT, ONE CLASSROOM, ONE SCHOOL, ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME!
EXAMPLES OF HOW SBEF DOES IT:
ONE STUDENT AT A TIME:
- Students who quality for free/reduced lunch (more than 1/2 of our students) receive school supplies.
- Almost 500 student/mentor relationships build self-confidence.
- Scholarships jump-start collegiate success – 105 last year.
ONE CLASSROOM AT A TIME:
- J. Landon Short Mini-Grants help teachers transform teaching.
- Software and technology address dyslexia and dysgraphia challenges.
- Flexible classroom seating facilitates individual learning styles.
ONE SCHOOL AT A TIME:
- STEAM Leadership Academy emphasizes science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- Robotics clubs promote STEM careers.
- Technology helps students master math and reading.
ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME:
- More than $1 million raised for SBEF’s Harvey Relief Fund helped 1,104 student and staff SBISD families displaced by flooding.
- The Altharetta Yearn Art Museum offers a peek into cultures from around the world.
- Students receive new grade-level books for home libraries.
Permanent link to this article: http://cornerstoneacademypta.com/2018/08/21/sbef-making-our-schools-better-campaign/