Back-to-school was a huge success. We enjoy seeing all of the happy faces coming in the door each day, and great things are happening in our classrooms. Thank you to our wonderful PTA for providing a tasty first day lunch for everyone and snacks for teachers leading up to that day. This week, we jumped into instruction, and we’re off to a great start! I’ve seen lessons on integers, book choices, grit and perseverance and a little vocabulario en espanol. The energy is definitely back in the hallways, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Because we just started, there’s not a whole lot to discuss…yet, but I do want to call your attention to a few items.
- There is no early dismissal day in August. Our first early dismissal day will be on Wednesday, September 25th. Early dismissal dates for the remainder of the school year are October 30, November 20, January 29, February 26, March 25 and April 29.
- Learning Lab starts next week and happens every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:00. Parent drive for those who stay late begins at 4:00, and the late bus is scheduled to leave at 4:15 on those days.
- Transportation has been working hard to make sure all students who need a bus are on the right bus and route. With over 35,000 students in our district, that is a big task. We understand there has been some confusion and longer (and hotter) than normal bus trips, and we thank you for your patience as things are sorted out. If your student is still experiencing problems with his/her bus route, please email Mr. Burger, and we’ll do our best to help.
- Holiday – Monday, September 2nd is Labor Day. School will be closed.
Lastly, I’d like to extend some thanks to people who have made back-to-school at Cornerstone a success…
- Our pottery and lacrosse volunteers…you rock! We’re so thankful to have these fun activities as options for our kids.
- PTA…consider this an ongoing and unlimited thank you for all the hard work and time you put into CSA. It wouldn’t be the same without your support.
- Mr. Burger and Mrs. Johnson for sorting out CESITs and schedule changes
- Last, but definitely not least, CSA Teachers and Staff…you consistently go above and beyond, and the past week has been no exception. Thank you!
Have a great weekend!